Bluewater Boathouse Seafood Grill
(formerly Coronado Boathouse 1887)
1701 Strand Way
619-435-0155

“While we serve up to 40 varieties of seafood and shellfish, if it isn’t the freshest possible, we won’t put it on the menu,” said Staunton. “That has been our philosophy since Day 1, and we’ll continue that commitment to the freshest fish, ingredients and cooking techniques in Coronado.”

Another expected highlight will be a year-long calendar of seasonal seafood specials and monthly tasting events which pair seafood and shellfish with hand-selected wines, sakes or specialty draught beers. Hosted the second Tuesday of every month, the events have become a popular monthly diversion for local seafood aficionados and Bluewater Grill’s large fan base.

Local tip: Make sure to go upstairs and explore...if you get to the very top, the view is amazing.

Post a review or read some below.

Tags: seafood

Views: 462

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great romantic getaway to take a date. We had a good steak meal here with good wine and great service. Our server even took us up to the third floor balcony to see the view!
This is a real classy restaurant with great seafood. I usually do most of my entertaining here!
I can just taste the coconut macadamia shrimp!! I love coming here and its a really fun place that isn't too crowded! Make a reservation just to be sure!!
The Boathouse is literally ON the water, built on pilings over Glorietta Bay. The tables near the windows are nice, but upstairs is quieter and more intimate. Steaks and seafood are very good, but save room for dessert, the mud pie from the Boathouse is the best dessert you can get on the island. Every once in a while we'll come here after dinner just to get the mud pie.
A Coronado icon and landmark. Authentic. It feels the same as it did in the late 60's when the building became a legendary Chart House restaurant. Oh the stories if those walls could only tell. It is now privately owned and run by local (Coronado High School) sports legends Marty Jensen & Mike Baker, and staffed with Coronado locals. Impeccable throughout, dinner or drinks at the Boathouse is a wonderful experience. And yes the Mud Pie is simply divine. There is no finer setting than right over the water on Glorietta Bay in the shadow of the Hotel Del. Wonderful views and ambience make this a can't miss experience for visitors and locals alike. I have been coming here since the Boathouse became a restaurant and I look forward to it every time.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Support Local Business

Advertise on eCoronado.com

Advertise on eCoronado.com

Live Web Traffic

© 2014   eCoronado.com

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service