Costa Azul
1031 Orange Avenue
619-435-3525

Enjoy watching Coronado life go by as you eat chips and salsa and sip your margarita on the patio. Live entertainment weekly.

Come visit Costa Azul Coronado, the earth tones and subdued lighting will make you feel like you are under a palapa on a secluded island. Enjoy the cool ocean breezes and savor the salty ocean air as you enjoy one of Coronado’s finest eateries. Settle in and let one of our friendly bartenders pour you one of our specialty drinks; Our signature Costa Rita or maybe a refreshing minty Mojito. We also have plenty of cold beer on tap or sample one of our many tequilas from our full premium bar.

Enjoy a cool margarita with one of our fine salads. House made Ceasar salad, tangy and lively spinach salad with hearts of palm and mandarin oranges are just two of our six salads. We offer a variety of wonderful shrimp dishes including, Camarones Diablos, Coconut Crunchy Shrimp, Garlic Shrimp and Crab Stuffed Shrimp. Our Mexican entrees include a variety of humongous Burritos, Chimichangas, Tostadas, Enchiladas, Tacos, Pork Stuffed Poblano Relleno, Slow Braised Carnitas and Quesadillas just to name a few.

Our daily Happy Hour (3:30 - 6:30 pm) will give you the chance to relax and meet some of the locals while enjoying great deals! Costa Azul also offers large party planning and can accommodate parties from 2 to 150. Call today to plan your next special event! We are open daily from 11:00 am until close.

Post a review or read some below.

Tags: american, mexican

Views: 429

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My dad plays here with both of his bands a couple nights a week. It gets really crowded in the summer. I enjoy the swordfish tacos but I dont think I would really come here if I weren't the President of the Phil Hammett Fan Club. Great bar tender that makes wonderful Long Island Ice Teas!!!
Brant, you and your family are wonderful and Costa Azul is great! Your generosity is appreciated by your donations to Wampler Kids (www.wamplerkids.org) and we are happy to support the restaurant. BTW, "Midlife Crisis" THE band for us older Coronadans, are so much fun to watch and listen to! Thanks for having them play at Costa Azul.
Costa Azul is always a good place to go for dinner. Their mojitos are probably the best on the island. For entrees, you can't go wrong with any of their carne asada dishes. It seems everybody else likes the live entertainment, but frankly if the band is plugged in it is nearly impossible to hold a conversation at an inside table. YMMV.
This is where the locals go. Swordfish tacos must be experienced. A great place for lunch or drinks outside and watching the world go by. Owner Brant Sarber and his crew will take great care of you.
Stopped by last night for a celebratory gathering and WOW the tacos were awesome! Swordfish--that explains it! The appetizer sampler platters were also VERY good. Jalapeño poppers and calamari strips, etc., etc. Everything fresh and tasty.

Looking forward to trying it out for dinner soon!
I'm not completely sold, but overall this is a good mexican place. The basic platters are tasty, well-prepared. It is equivalent (except as noted by others) to Mexican Village in terms of type of fare. The chips and salsa are yummy and go well with margaritas. Not as good as Miguel's and a different type of food than a fresh Mex option.
Great place to bring out-of-town visitors. Eat on the patio to watch the bustling activity down Coronado's main street. Excellent food.
THANK YOU FOR THE KIND WORDS! Say hi to your mom & dad. Cheers Brant (owner)

Michelle Rose Hammett said:
My dad plays here with both of his bands a couple nights a week. It gets really crowded in the summer. I enjoy the swordfish tacos but I dont think I would really come here if I weren't the President of the Phil Hammett Fan Club. Great bar tender that makes wonderful Long Island Ice Teas!!!
I just found out about this sight so have not read this until today . What can we do to make Costa Azul more appealing to you ? I am always looking for ways to improve . Cheers Brant (owner)

Pamela said:
I'm not completely sold, but overall this is a good mexican place. The basic platters are tasty, well-prepared. It is equivalent (except as noted by others) to Mexican Village in terms of type of fare. The chips and salsa are yummy and go well with margaritas. Not as good as Miguel's and a different type of food than a fresh Mex option.
Hey, maybe they won't want me telling you this, but they offer secure wiFi.
Ask'em, they'll give you the code to use it.

Costa Azul is one of my favorite "Remote Office" places. I get so bored working from coffee shops (do try Cafe 1134 across the street if you'd rather work with a mug o'mud instead of a icy cold beer). I boot up my computer, kick back with a happy hour beer, a bowl of crispy chips and salsa, maybe add one of their happy hour botanas, and I'm calling it workin'. Sweet!

I offer this full disclosure FYI though: The chairs are very hard, so either bring something to put between your butt and the chair, or plan on stayin' just till your tailbone starts to hurt........ but then that's what the beers for :) Hey, and don't make me fight you for a wall plug. That just wouldn't be right, after all, I'm the one who turned you on to this place. Ha ha ha :)
Costa Azul is my top favorite restaurant on the Island. Favorite dish... Flat Iron Steak with garlic shrimp, sauteed spinach and mashed potatoes is perfect.
Keep working on bringing up the quality of the food. I like your restaurant very much - the chips and that great salsa!!! It's always a happy place.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Support Local Business

Advertise on eCoronado.com

Advertise on eCoronado.com

Live Web Traffic

© 2014   eCoronado.com

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service