Coronado Firehouse Bar & Grill
Notice the roll-up doors just like the old firehouse used to have.
Main dining room with high ceiling, smokey paint and brick columns.
The main bar area complete with multiple flat screen TVs. The bar has a symbolic 'J' shape to it.
The above black and white photo is from the old Navy Housing fire where Tidelands Park is now.
Etched glass depicting the Coronado Bridge, firefighters and downtown San Diego.
The above photo is of the Coronado Fire Department at 6th and Orange, January 1, 1930. This firehouse was built in 1923 and was designed by the architectural firm Requa and Jackson. It was the 2nd firehouse at this location. This house was used by the Coronado Fire Department until the current station at 6th and D Street was built. Vehicles from L to R are Mack Quadruple Combination, Seagraves Triple Combination, Studebaker Ambulance, and Buick, Chief’s Car. Fire Department personnel are (L to R) C.R. Nichols, Kenneth Pedler, Alfred Godden, Michael Purcell, Herbert C. Rhodes, Percy E. Corrin (Captain), L. C. Welch, Frank H. Welch, Jr. (Captain) L. W. Thompson (Assistant Chief), G. E. Zimmerman (Chief). The original firehouse at 126 Orange Avenue in 1895 was a wooden structure.
The 'new firehouse' at 126 Orange Avenue from 2010. Note the two big roll-up doors on the left.
You can read an earlier post here with more details of the restaurant.
Looking forward to trying it out!