Depending on where you go, some areas are free to watch from, while others require paid admission.
Qualifying is scheduled for Saturday, with the main event race taking place on Sunday.
SAN DIEGO RACE SCHEDULE 2/1/2009
Qualifying (Saturday, May 9th)
• 11:00 Doors Open, Ticketing Areas
• 11:30 Doors Open, Hospitality Areas
• 13:00 Pre-show, Side Acts • 14:00 RACE STARTS!
• 14:00 1st Qualifying session
• 15:00 2nd Qualifying session
• 16:00 Results, Summary, Interviews, Highlights of the Day
• 16:45 Hospitality Pit Lane Walk (High Flyer's Lounge and Business Class Race Club guests only)
• 17:00 Doors Close
Race Day (Sunday, May 10th)
• 10:00 Doors Open, Ticketing Areas
• 11:00 Doors Open, Hospitality Areas
• 12:00 Pre-show, Side Acts • 13:00 RACE STARTS!
• 13:00 Wild Card session
• 14:00 Top 12
• 14:30 Super 8
• 15:15 Final 4
• 16:00 Award Ceremony
• 16:15 Results, Summary, Interviews, Highlights of the Day
• 18:00 Doors Close
The Red Bull Air Race will take place over the bay between the Embarcadero Marina parks and Coronado on Saturday, May 9 and Sunday, May 10. There will be two main ticketed viewing areas - one each in Embarcadero Marina Park North and Embarcadero Marina Park South - with all necessary amenities and services. Head down to Coronado Ferry Landing for a great view.
After a disappointing start of the season for the American pilots in Abu Dhabi, they will try everything to beat the Brits Paul Bonhomme and Nigel Lamb as well as Austrian Hannes Arch in San Diego, California.
Watch the videos below and get all the event info here.