More than a few members have noticed that we have added new features to eCoronado.com and add a new design. Some of the changes include:
1. A tighter header, updated navigation, larger social icons and eCoronado.com logo
2. Homepage offers multiple sections to browse between: News, Photos, Activity
3. Blog posts now have "featured stories" at the bottom of each story
4. We added two more advertising spots that are displayed on the bottom of each post
5. The advertising page has been updated with more member demographics and available promo options
6. Added Photo Stars as a category to recognize key contributors in this area
7. Included a large footer at the bottom of the site for easier navigation
8. When adding a blog post, pre-filled categories are now available to tag content and make it more easily found
We thought it would be good timing to show the progression of the website since we first got the idea back in 1999.
The very first version in 1999 was called eNado.com. It was built using Microsoft Frontpage and was a prototype of what eventually became eCoronado.com.
This is a mock-up of the first eCoronado.com website created in pencil before it was built by hand in HTML.
Just before launching the full version in 2002, we put this message up on the domain eCoronado.com. Note that this is the first version of the logo. "Own the Island" was the phrase we chose and encouraged people to "own" more information and news about their community.
Version 1.0 launched in November 2002. Some images in the left navigation are no longer available.
Above are some ideas for the 2.0 version of the logo.
The final 2.0 version of the website. The bridge curves into an "e" for eCoronado.com. It also stands for "Everything Coronado" which is now part of the tagline.
In March 2009, a major redesign and platform change was made to the website that enabled visitors to join as members and participate in the conversation. Traffic explodes and eCoronado.com gets tremendous traction locally and beyond.
In December 2012, the 3.0 version of eCoronado.com goes live and offers a more clean and user friendly website to more quickly find content, participate and encourage visitors to join as members.
We look forward (as always) to your feedback and adding more positive changes to the website to ensure the best product and service for covering news, events, photos and "Everything Coronado"! It's hard to believe that we now have over 50,000 readers each month and over 13,000 Facebook fans. Thank you for all your support!
Here is a video from our 10-Year Anniversary Party at Mootime last month:
Comment (keep it clean & on topic)